Was in my Windows Server DNS console this morning and I noticed some odd domains listed. I don't remember seeing them before and wanted to see when they were created, to make sure folks weren't randomly adding new zones.
- Fire up adsiedit.msc on a domain controller.
- Choose Connect to
- Under Connection Point, choose Select or type a Distinguished Name or Naming Context
- Enter DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=<second level DNS>,DC=<top level DNS>
- E.G. dc=DomainDnsZones,DC=contoso,DC=corp
- Next, select CN=MicrosoftDNS
- In the right hand pane, look for the zone in question, reverse or forward
- Right-click on the folder and select Properties
- Browse to the whenCreated properties to find out when the zone was added to the system